Legal Disclaimer – Privacy Statement
For the purposes of this Legal Disclaimer, ViaVid Broadcasting, Inc., (“ViaVid”) with head office at 118 – 998 Harbourside Drive, North Vancouver, BC Canada V7P 3T2 is the Data Processor.
This Privacy Statement describes the personal information that ViaVid processes as part of its service to host investor relations and corporate communication webcasts on behalf of the organization listed on the registration page (“Company”). The Company is the Data Controller of the information.
Personal Information We Collect About You
We only collect personal information about you which is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations with the Company.
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Personal Information: This is data, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and company details which you may provide to us during the registration process.
- Product Usage Information: This is data we obtain about your viewing of the webcasts, such as the date on which you viewed the webcast and the duration of your viewing.
How We Use Personal Information
We only use the personal information you provide us for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations with the Company. Specifically ViaVid may use your personal information as follows:
- To provide our webcasts to you (and to assist you in the use of our webcast product).
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose the personal information we collect about you, except as described here.
- Company: We share your personal information and product usage information with the Company. While ViaVid accepts no responsibility for the use of your personal information by the Company, the Company shall generally use your personal information to identify those institutions and individuals who have viewed their webcast and may use that information for their marketing purposes (for example, to contact you directly or to include you in Company mailing lists).
- Disclosures for Legal Purposes: We may provide access to your personal information when legally required to do so including, without limitation, to cooperate with government investigations or other legal proceedings.
- We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use information you have provided in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Transfer of Personal Information to Other Countries
If you are located in the EEA, we may transfer your personal information to countries that may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information as the one in which you reside. We will only transfer your personal data to the extent it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined above.
We are taking appropriate steps to provide an adequate level of protection to your personal information in accordance with the laws applicable in the EEA. No matter where you live, your personal information will be processed in accordance with the other provisions of this Privacy Statement.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide to us.
In case of any questions regarding our privacy practices or if you would like to access the personal information you provide to us to update, correct, or delete it from our databases, you may write to us on the address stated first above.